Sunday, August 21, 2011

Autumns a comin' should be read before Mighty herds

> Subject: Autumns a comin' ... eventually
>
> I think I wanna raise llammas. And why not?
>
> Anyhow, im at the park drinking coffee on a rarely cool and crisp evening under
> the hopes that "fresh air kills germs." Its something I read on the internet so
> it must be true.
>
> Yes... I'm again. I think my years of wild hedonism have finally caught up to
> me. Ok... theres maybe five of them by my counting.
>
> I blame the under-sleeping and over-drinking. Regardless... trying to move
> forward in health and cheer.
>
> Currently, and shockingly, there are some kids under the tutelage of a mildly
> plump woman learning kung-fu. Rare. I see lots of taichi, lots of bad
> instrumentalists, but this is probably the most impressive single display of
> cultural discipline i've seen in China in a while. Refreshing.
>
> Anyhow back to the llamas.
>
> I was thinking about my station, my function, my direction and a few other
> things that probably end in -tion.... and one of the things i've become
> preoccupied with recently is, for lack of a better term ~ putting in roots.
>
> The allure of a gypsy lifestyle and traveling around "seeing the world" is
> losing some of its flair now that im seeing much of the flair in a culture is
> hidden within their rooted societies. Now - true, i've only really seen three
> cultures, but imma go ahead and make that hypothesis.
>
> A rooted society doesnt have to be stationary. If you look at North Americans,
> especially the young ones, we move all over the place. Theres college, post
> college, the first real job, maybe a second job, marriage. All of those stages
> could involve 2-4 years and then we move again. Realistically its not a long
> time, but I think theres still a commitment to a society they want to be a part
> of. Some of it is family driven, others career, but each of those aims still
> includes them in a social group.
>
> So to put this a little more plainly, theres always my bottom line of "what do I
> wanna be" but im also tinkering around with what it would mean to commit myself
> more instead of holding back. I dont think i've held back from how ive
> approached my adventures, but i've definitely limited one adventure for the sake
> of pursuing another.
>
> No idea what rooting would mean for me, but ridiculous fancies of llamas and the
> like definitely are on the list of random but wonderful.
>
> Ah, to some of the meat as well.
>
> Just got a text today from the functional manager (Chinese ~ awesome lady) of
> the kids school saying the following:
>
> Maple: ""Big news! Maria wants me to ask you if you want to be the kids
> supervisor of teaching. Sounds like she got some new idea from a Hong Kong guy.
> You may need to do some working hours, I guess you can ask for a raise for
> salary.
>
> Me: Interesting concept. what all does it include and what does ""working hours"
> mean? Im open to the idea. I just want to now more.
>
> Maple: She did not say it clearly (peter ammended "typical"). Let me think. You
> are in charge of everything, teaching and sales. She though your out going
> personality will help us work well. I think she wants to make sure you're gonna
> stay here.
>
> Me: Bahahah. thanks. I will think about it.
>
> Maple: Typical chinese politician way to make someone stay. It is not a bad
> thing anyway. You can think about it. I will reply to her and say you are
> thinking.
>
> --
>
> I do so enjoy honest relationships. I've been honest and clear with Maple and
> she returns the favour: hahaha.
>
> If it doesn't require me tying myself down for a year, i'll consider it. Might
> help me walk out of this firestorm with a few less burns if I work it right.
>
> --
>
> It might be fun to be a sheikh... i'll need mighty herds of llamas for that one,
> or my enemies won't respect and fear me.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment