Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mighty Herds

attaining mighty herds thanks to a mass murderer in
Norway! ITS BRILLIANT!

For those of you interested in the actual story I was reading, here is the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14591013

Its about Anders Behring Breivik the "gunman" who organized the Oslo bombing at
the end of July and continued in is quest of destruction on a small island youth
camp run by the ruling Labour party killing 68 people...

(all facts yeilded from the following link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14591013)

If you look at the final few lines of the article listed above, Breivik believes
that his massacre was necessary to save Norway and Europe from Muslims and
multiculturalism.

Hmm, Muslims and multiculturalism. Two things im quite fond of. So here we have
this man with the know-how and the drive to take the lives of a very large
number of people ~ a deathcount of 76 people in three hours and one minute.
INcredible.

He knew how to do what he did, its not an accident. THat is not the work of
insanity, thats the work of reasoning malice ~ something a lot more frightening.

Now this blog isnt really about the malice of a hatefilled Norwegian, its about
my mighty herds, and how I can achieve it.

So what do alpaca llamas and mass-murder have in common? Norway.

If your jaw is unhinged and the only sound that comes to mind is "uhhhhhh?", let
me take this moment to show you my thoughts. I'll have to beat around the bush
for a while, because I don't see an effective thesis statement that will make
this easier. But sit back and enjoy the read, because I enjoy writing it ^_^

~ A thought that has often entered my mind since I was young and starving for
identity was the idea of "going back to my roots."

I like many North Americans are very ill-acquainted with my roots, so much so in
fact that i'm pretty sure that I sprouted up without any.

If you ask me my heritage I can tell you maybe the first five layers on my
mother and fathers sides...combined.. (is that only two layers then? hmm).
Norwegian and Danish on dad's side... and then evidently there are some angry
but shockingly beautiful Irish folk on that side too... whatever then theres
mom's side with the Irish and Scottish and the token Native American Nationality
of your choice. I'd like to say Apache or Comanche cause I think its cool ~ but
its probably cherokee because everyone is....

So as I developed and gained what I hope to be wisdom, I came to my own personal
stage of life where I decided that my so called heritage was something that was
not really claimable as a part of my own identity. No one alive in my family can
speak Norwegian or Danish, or Gaelic, or Comanche (Cherokee), and you can be
darn certain that we dont obey any of the customs or honour any of the holidays.

As such, how can you really claim to be from a culture if all of the traces
aside from this massive Norwegian/Danish forehead and screaming whiteness, have
been lost to the dust of time?

So instead of trying to hold onto my so called "roots" I as a matter of natural
tendency and, including a healthy degree of pushing from my parents, began to
inoculate myself with 'foreign' cultures (to include the wider array of
cultures.. not just beyond country borders, but also country internal and
sub-cultures). Instead of being a bush or a tree, I'm more like some of that
climbing Ivy that makes old buildings looks o cool. I latch on to other things
and gain awesomeness via synergy.

Virginia creeper is possibly the best name ever for a plant (related to ivy I
believe)... especially the way my mom says it.

To start coming full circle... (waxing or waning? is the glass half empty now or
half full? you decide, and Freud will interpret.)

...I was thinking about how I will ever get my mighty herds if i keep jumping
all over creation halfway looking for meaning and never finding any kind of
anchor on life... essentially being like a drunk (if not ACTUALLY being a
drunk): enjoying most of my time, but not having much to show for it aside from
some wonderful stories which sometimes get forgotten. (not that I look down on
wonderful stories)

I want to make more of a mark, not just wonderful gestures of kindness and
giving a demo class that'll knock your socks off.

So what do I get riled up by? Malice and cultural ignorance/more importantly
intolerance of cultural differences and or the growth of culture.


Heres the new 100% set in stone master plan. Enjoy my time cooking in China and
learning to actually enjoy teaching children here (odd how this happens). Go to
Korea and study Korean, maybe learn Hapkido just for kicks and giggles (well not
JUST I guess), and then not necessarily in this order, go to Norway and learn
Norwegian, before after or during getting a masters and or Ph.D on the focus of
estranged Ethnic societies -- particularly such as us in North America ~ who
have no genuine connection to an ethnic identity and left with the serious
question of "what does home mean." Applying to refugees and minority estranged
groups as well.

Then I can buy or have built (I am not my father. I have no interest in using my
own beautiful hands to do it...) a lovely house in most likely the Pacific
Northwest of North America and spend my off time raising llamas, entertaining
what I imagine will be a very wide network of international friends and
contacts, and researching and writing tomes of multicultural brilliance.

As a hobby I might also include defending the world from those who hate
multiculturalism by having deep and riveting conversations... and maybe through
smashing their world to bits with my, by that time highly polished, hapkido
skills.

There you have it:

Mighty Herds,

No comments:

Post a Comment